Thursday 15 May 2014

Welcome to all new filmbore


As a film buff, a fan of true British movies and a total world cinema geek, I continually "bore" my friends (and any new strangers that I meet) about all things "filmy". Like...all the time! In order to free the going public from my verbal cinematic prison, I've channelled a lot of this passion into filmbore, as a haven for reviews on interesting pictures, obscure Top Tens and any other items worth discussing on the more left field side to the cinematic universe.

In the tabs above, you'll be able to transport yourself to various articles...

filmbore's picks is the backbone to the site, with regular reviews of unusual movies according to a specific criteria: they have to from world cinema, or be independent movies or be lesser known British films. But most importantly...they have to be great. This isn't an area to overly criticise poor pictures, but a platform to help promote the kind of films you may be less likely to venture into.

From time to time, you'll see items pop up in the News tab, where I'll be highlighting any recent announcements worthy of awareness, from new film techniques, awards successes, plus local promotion for any film makers, festivals or other artistic creators that need your attention.

Top 10s with a difference is my most popular page. We all love a good list, and here I try and take some alternative approaches to Top Tens. Plus, suggest any list ideas to me and I could post one for you!

The Whingebox! is an area for me to vent. Simple. Anything that's bothering me in the cinematic world will appear here. Comments are most definitely welcome!

And two new tabs:

SpecialFeatures will be a tab for any unique articles to keep an eye out for. Interviews, podcasts, YouTube links and any new review festivals that I post will all appear here.

And chatbore is an open forum for you all to come and post items to. Feel free to chat about anything "filmic", post your own reviews if you wish, or start debates. This is where you can get your filmbore on!

So...what are you waiting for? Have a gander!

No comments:

Post a Comment