Wednesday 3 October 2018

So long...for now...

Well, there we have it. 

This filmbore will (for the time being, anyway) be putting his pencil and pad in his desk draw, removing the batteries from his DVD remote and locking his film collection in his vault. For it's time to say goodbye.

For the beady-eyed, you may have noticed the recent lack of content. There have been some incredible changes in my life over the last couple of years. I married Mrs filmbore. I've said goodbye to loved ones. And I'm soon to meet my own mini-me...

I've made a little filmbore!

And now, I need to ensure that I focus my efforts on some of the next phases of my life. My unprecedented geeky-ness and over-analytical methods will be re-purposed to great effect. This does mean, sadly, that i cannot apply the bore to films in the way I have since my first film review in June 2012.

I'm not giving up the pen completely. I may venture into writing my own stories in the near future. Plus, the site will stay open. The reviews, top tens and other special features will be available for anyone to peruse. 

Also, I'm not going to leave you empty handed. I've put together one last hurrah of a Top Ten...of the most emotional goodbyes in cinema history. I hope you enjoy it.

I'm so grateful to all of you who has shared, commented and appreciated my articles over the last six years. It's been a wonderful journey, only truly enjoyable because of you. You're the real reason I do this. If there was nobody on the other side of the screen, I'd have no reason to bore you. So thanks for your patience, interest and, most of all, your support. 

It's been amazing!

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment