Sunday 3 June 2012

Things to come...

So, as filmbore prepares itself for it's first inital content, here's a summary of what's to come. Each post will be on its subsequent tab shown above...

filmbore's pick of the week

I take pride in recommending lesser known films to my friends and colleagues. I'd like to use this knowledge to help promote indie and foreign films as much as possible, so each week I'll post a different film here with a bit of a review. These will always be decent movies from the past and present, so please re-post this wherever you can and tell your friends on all your networks. Lets give these films a better platform!


Top 10s with a difference


IMDB's Top 10 movies (as voted by users)
Film buffs like lists. It's a fact…a sad fact, but a true one. I'm a sucker for a good top ten so it makes sense that I post some myself. These won't always be your standard top ten's either. They may be a little alternative from time to time, but I like to keep it interesting. Enjoy, and if you feel I've left any films out of these lists email or tweet me. Or, if you have any ideas for top tens yourself let me know as I may include these on the site in future...and attempt to do them justice!

Pick a country...

Coming soon! A fine tuned catalogue of films from around the world. One country, one film...that's the rule here. Of course, there are numerous films I could recommend from some countries, but I'm trying to pick one that represents each area as opposed to the best film there (well…best in my opinion anyway!). If you have any suggestions for alternatives though, please don't hold back and make sure you comment on the blog. Or, if you have a request for a country that's not here, please let me know and I'll do some digging around!


WhingeBox

Welcome to the WhingeBox.
It's easy sometimes to get bothered about a bit of film news, or how bad a film was adapted, or how wrongly cast somebody was…blah, blah, blah. What's more annoying (and probably more for the recipient) is when no-one cares! Fear not, as the WhingeBox is listening. I'll be posting little concerns now and then for discussion. Please comment if you agree or not and get the debate starting.


No comments:

Post a Comment